Vegetable pasta in white sauce is one of the creamy and mouthwatering dishes that are really liked by people. You can use veggies according to your preference like beans, broccoli, peas etc. This white sauce is also known as Bechamel sauce which is quite creamy as it is prepared by using butter, flour and milk. Seasoning add more aromas to it.
Let’s Get Started:
1 cup pasta, some veggies and ingredients for preaparing white sauce.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 2 glass milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crush balck pepper
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano or any other herbs
- Take 1 cup pasta with 3 cups of water in the pan.
- Turn on the flame, add 2 tsp oil and 1/2 tsp salt to it.
- Let the water boil and cook pasta until it is al dente.
- Cook for 10-15 mins, make sure you stir pasta constantly else it will stick at the bottom of the pan.
- After 15 mins pasta will be well cooked. Drain the water and leave the strainer until cold water for 1 minute to prevent from sticking.
- In a pan add oil, 1 finely chopped bell pepper, 1 chopped carrot, corns or any other veggie you like.
- You can use veggies according to your taste and availability.
- Roast the them until they get crunchy.
- Stir veggies for 2 minutes, then turn off the flame.
Preparing White Sauce:
- Heat a wok, add 2 tbsp butter and let it melt.
- Add 2 tbsp plain flour, stir to roast until the color begins to change.
- Now pour 2 cups of milk into it.
- Stir it and make a smooth lump free batter.
- After 5-7 minutes a thick sauce will be ready.
- Now add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp crushed black peppercorns, 1/2 tsp oregano or any other Italian herbs you have and 1/4 tsp chilli flakes. Mix everything well.
- Sauce is ready. Now add roasted veggies and pasta to the sauce and give it a good mix.
- Before serving garnish it with some oregano and chilli flakes.
Enjoy this amazing mouthwatering pasta and share your views in the comment section.