Vermicelli is a form of pasta made in long slender threads. In India and in other countries of Indian subcontinent vermicelli is known by many names like Bambino, Namkeen Seviyan. They are used in number of dishes such as kheer, rice pudding etc. Vegetables and spices in it makes it a healthy and delicious breakfast meal.
Lets’s Get Started:
1 cup vermicelli roasted.
Dry roast vermicelli in a pan. You can also roast it in a microwave. Place it in a container and microwave it first for 30 seconds. Check if not roasted properly then do it for more 30 seconds. It should turn golden in color.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 green chilli slit
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 1 medium size tomato chopped
- salt to taste
- 1.5 cup water
- 1/2 tsp lemon drops
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, Add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and let it splutter with lid on it.
- Then add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, slit green chilli, curry leaves in the pan.
- Add chopped onion and some salt, wait till it turns light brown. You can put vegetables you like.
- After that add chopped tomato to it. Saute well until the rawness is gone. Add 1/4 tsp red chilli powder to the paste.
- Now pour 1.5 cup water to the pan, add salt according to taste.
- Add vermicelli, mix it and cover the pan with the lid on low flame for 5-7 minutes till it absorbs all the water.
- Keep stirring sewai at regular intervals of 1-2 minute.
- Turn off the flame and check if vermicelli is nice and soft and has absorbed the water.
- Squeeze some lemon and serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
Enjoy this delicious pulav. Follow me on Instagram, Facebook and don’t forget to subscribe.