Noodles is one amazing Chinese fast food dish which is really liked by everyone. They always compliment get together snacks, wedding menus and home breakfast or evening fillers. Noodles are a staple food in many cultures and countries made from the wheat dough which is prepared in different ways and cut into variety of shapes.
Noodles are often pan fried or deep fried by using so many sauces which add flavors and colors to it. You can serve to kids with ketchup keeping the level of spice in mind and to adults it can be served with hot sauce, depends person to person. There is a wide rang of variety of noodles like basic noodles, fried noodles, noodles soup etc. You can always add vegetables, chicken or beef according to your taste.
Let’s Get Started:
Raw noodles 200 grams.
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup cabbage finely sliced
- 1 capsicum sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 pieces of garlic chopped
- 2 green chilli slit
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp hot chilli sauce
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 cups water
- Take a big pan to add a good amount of water so that noodles easily fit in and submerge in water.
- Turn on the flame. Add 4 cups of water to it and let it boil.
- When water starts making bubbles, add 1 tbsp oil, some salt and add noodles to it.
- Boil noodles till they turn nice and soft. Check whether they are cooked or not.
- It takes around 10 mins to boil the noodles.
- when they are done, strain the noodles with the help of strainer to take out the water from them.
- To remove the starch from the noodles put them in a cold water or place under the running tap.
- You will see noodles are nice and not sticking to each other.
- Now noodles are boiled and ready to prepare for veg hakka noodles.
Take a bowl, add 2 tbsp ketchup, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp vinegar or chilli vinegar, 1 tsp hot sauce. Mix everything well.
Preparing Hakka Noodles:
- Heat a big pan. Add 2-3 tbsp oil into it. Once the oil is heated, add chopped garlic to it, let it leave the rawness and then add sliced onion, slit green chillies and cook for a minute.
- Then add sliced capsicum and cabbage to the pan. Cook till they turn crunchy. You can use also carrots in it and should be thinly sliced.
- When the veggies are getting cooked, add 1 tbsp of sauces prepared together from the bowl and keep rest of the sauce aside.
- Now strain the noodles from the water and add them to the pan, mix everything well with a help of 2 spoons as it will be easier to mix everything thoroughly.
- Once they are mixed well, add rest of the sauce, some salt according to taste and 1/4 tsp crushed pepper.
- You can adjust the spices according to your taste and preferences.
- Heat noodles for a minute or 2 and then turn off the flame and they are ready to be served.
- Sprinkle some green onion on it and serve hot to your dear ones.
Try this easy hakka noodles recipe and don’t forget to subscribe to Explore Flavours.