Sprouts are one of those foods that are very high in nutrients but very low in calories. One of the best things about sprouts is that they contain a high number of enzymes. This can help boost various metabolic processes and chemical reactions within the body specifically digestion. In this post we will discuss how we can grow sprouts at home as I’ve come across many questions about how they grow long into sprouted beans. You can add soy bean too and will get good amount of protein. Sprouts can be eaten as a salad or doing stir fry by adding spices to it.
WORD OF CAUTION – Sprouts are more beneficial when eaten raw. As per your taste they can be eaten by doing stir fry too.
- whole green gram (sabut moong) as required
- black chickpeas (kala chana)
Process to grow sprouts:
- Soak green gram and black peas separately in sufficient amount of water for 5-6 hours.
- Drain and place both in a wet muslin cloth. Tie as a bundle and leave overnight.
- Another way – Put dal and chana together in a colander (steel strainer), cover it with wet cloth, set aside for overnight in a warm and dark place like in a kitchen cabinet.
- Next day you’ll have lovely bean sprouts.
Sprouts salad recipe:
- Put both the beans in a bowl. Add diced cucumber, chopped tomato and other veggies you like.
- Then add the dry spices-1/2 tsp of black pepper,1/2 tsp chaat masala, salt to taste.
- You can also add amchur powder.
- Cut 1/2 green chilly and squeeze 1/2 lemon to it. Make sure you deseed the lemon.
- Now give it a nice mix with the spatula.
- Ready to serve as a salad.
Stir fry sprouts:
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan. Add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, pinch of asafoetida, 1 small green chilly. Let it splutter.
- Then you can add veggies you like. It is upto your taste.
- Put dry masalas-1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/4 tsp red chilly powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder.
- Time to add sprout beans in the pan. Give it a good mix and stir fry for a minute or 2.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot.
Enjoy this simple healthy sprout recipes and share your views in the comment section. TRY TASTE ENJOY