Rava Upma is a very common breakfast item all over India, a very traditional south Indian dish made from Rava. Upma is a very nutritious breakfast because of vegetables in it. It needs easily available ingredients and can be prepared in no time. Some of the best diet recipes like Oats Upma, Lemon Dosa, Idli are good for weight loss.
Let’s Get Started:
1 cup Semolina (sooji) roasted
Dry roast the Sooji in a pan and keep stirring it to prevent from burning. Do not add oil to it.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (sarso)
- 1/2 tsp chana dal
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 small size onion sliced
- 1 small potato chopped
- 1 green chilli slit
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp lemon drops
- 1 cup water
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan with 1/2 tsp mustard seeds in it. Cover with lid and let it splutter.
- Add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp chana dal, 1/2 tsp urad daal, 1 slit green chilli and curry leaves to it.
- Now place sliced onion and chopped potato into the pan. Saute until nice aroma arises. You can use vegetables according to your choice like peas, carrot, cauliflower.
- Pour 1 cup water, lemon drops and salt according to taste in the pan. Mix well.
- When water starts making bubbles, add 1 cup sooji and keep stirring until sooji mixes well. Turn off the flame.
- Upma is ready. Serve hot with green chutney.
- Make sure to use equal ratio of water and sooji to avoid lumps in upma.
Try and Share your experience about this 10 minute recipe in the comment section. Subscribe to explore flavours for everyday feed.