Matar Poha in Orange Juice
Poha also known as flattened rice is easily digestible form of raw rice popular across India and used in various forms to prepare snacks or light easy fast food. Poha can be cooked in water, orange juice and in coconut water too. By using orange juice and coconut water gives a very good aroma and taste to poha. This is a quick breakfast meal and can be given in breakfast to kids also.
Let’s Get Started
2 cup medium thin size poha
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp lemon drops
- 2 oranges or 1 cup orange juice
- salt to taste
- Take a bowl and and add 2 cup poha in a bowl with 1 cup orange juice in it. Let the poha soak all the orange juice. Instead of orange juice you can squeeze the oranges. keep the bowl aside.
- There should not be excess orange juice in the bowl that it makes poha watery. Poha should only be soaked in juice.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and chopped green chilli. You can also add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and 8-10 curry leaves and let everything splutter.
- Add 1 chopped onion and you can also add 1 small size potato into it. You can always add vegetables according to your choice.
- Once the onion is done, add 1/2 cup green peas into the pan. Let the peas turn little soft for 1-2 minute and then add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt to taste and 1/2 tsp garam masala to the pan.
- After adding dry ingredients, put orange juice soaked poha and 1 tsp lemon juice into the pan. Mix everything well.
- Keep pan on the flame for 5-6 minutes until it is well mixed and cooked.
- After 5-6 minutes turn off the flame, shift the poha into the bowl and garnish with sev and roasted peanuts.
Serve this poha with green chutney and enjoy the sweet tangy taste of orange soaked poha. Follow explore_flavours on Instagram for updates.