Paneer Paratha is a famous Punjabi meal enjoyed by people of all ages. Not only in breakfast, it can be eaten at any time to fill the tummy. It is super delicious and a healthy meal. Paneer stuffing with some spices gives it a very good taste and can be easily prepared. Some people make paneer at home or you can buy it from any nearest diary. It is easily available.
Let’s Get Started:
Wheat Flour 2 cups and 200 gms paneer
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- salt to taste
Preparing Wheat Dough:
- Fist of all we will prepare the dough to make the parathas.
- Take wheat flour in a big bowl. Add 1 tsp ghee and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add water in small portions and kneed until it is soft just like a normal chapatti dough.
- Once soft, keep it aside and cover till it sets. To kneed 2 cup of flour it will take 1 cup water.
Preparing Paneer Dough:
- To make the paneer stuffing take a bowl and grate the paneer into it. There should be no paneer chunks in it.
- You can also add 1 small size chopped onion to it. It will give a crunch to it.
- Add 1/4 tsp carom seeds, 1/4 tsp red chili powder, chopped green chili, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp dry mango powder, fresh coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- Give everything a good mix. Spices are well blend and stuffing is ready.
Making Paneer Paratha:
- Now the wheat and paneer dough are ready. We will make parathas by putting stuffing into it.
- Turn on the heat and place flat or chapatti tawa on it.
- Take a little round dough and roll it round with hands and dust it with dry flour.
- Roll the dough into diameter of 3-4 inch and spread 2-3 tsp of paneer onto it. Adjust according to the size of the roll.
- Now lift the roll from the side and press it gently to close the stuffing inside. Dust with some dry flour.
- Roll the pin on the paratha gently to let the dough spread evenly. Paratha should not be thin in size.
- Place the paratha on the tawa.
- Once it gets roasted from one side, then shift to the other side.
- When it is roasted from both the sides, spread some oil on both the sides one by one. You can use ghee or oil as per your wish.
- Press the paratha gently to make it crispy. It should turn little brown in color.
- Make rest of the parathas like this and serve hot with curd, chutney, pickle.
Do try this easy paratha recipe and share your experiences with Explore Flavours.