Green peas also known as Matar are quick growing, sweet and starchy green little balls which can do wonder if you include them in your meals. They’re not just tasty but also possess many nutrients that make them a compulsory ingredient in your vegetable diet. High level of antioxidants in peas prevent several reactions in the body that may cause diseases. They are rich sources of many minerals such as Iron, Calcium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese which enhances the immune system of our body. Fresh peas are considered as an excellent source of folic acid. Folates are B-complex vitamins that are required for DNA synthesis inside the cell.
Let’s get started..
2 cups (1 cup 240 ml) serving 2 people.
- 2 cups peas washed and drained
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 green chilli
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder ( Dhaniya powder)
- 1/2 garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 asafoetida (Hing)
- 1/2 cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- Heat oil in a pan and add all the tempering ingredients in it. Wait until it splutters.
- Now add ginger paste and green chilli to cook for 2 mins.
- Further add onion if needed. Saute it for 3-4 mins.
- Add all dry ingredients- Turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder and salt.
- Finally add drained peas in the pan and give it a very good mix.
- Now cover the pan with lid and cook it on medium flame for 5-6 mins. Do Not add water.
- Turn off the flame. Check if they are nice and soft.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves.
- Quick recipe to be served in lunch or dinner with chapatti.
TRY TASTE ENJOY this 10 mins green peas recipe. Do Like-Share-Comment this recipe.