Eggless Sponge Cake
This Eggless sponge cake is one of the easy, light and airy cake recipe which does not require a lot of ingredients to make and are easily available at home. Some people do not wish to add eggs so this is the perfect recipe for them. Cocoa powder and vanilla essence adds such a good aroma to the cake. Flavor and texture makes it perfect for any occasion. When you bake something, your measurements should be accurate and that makes the baking accurate.
Let’s Get Started:
230 gm Flour (Maida)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 20 gm Cocoa Powder
- 1 tin Condensed Milk
- 100 gm Butter softened
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- First we will switch on the oven and let it preheat at 180 C.
- Now take a big bowl, add 230 gm flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 20 gm cocoa powder and a pinch of salt. Give everything a dry mix.
- In another bowl add all the liquid ingredients, 1 tin condensed milk, 100 gm butter softened, 1 cup water and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Give it a very good mix.
- Now combine both the bowl ingredients together and keep stirring it until everything mixes up well and there are no lumps in the batter.
- You can also use hand blender to mix everything and make sure to move the blender in one direction like clockwise. It will help the cake to puff up well.
- If you do not wish to add cocoa powder then take 250 gm flour instead of 230 gm.
- Take a 6 inch deep tin and grease it with the oil at the bottom and at the side to prevent it from sticking whilst baking.
- Time to add the batter to the tin. Pour the batter to the tin with the help of a spatula and give it a pat so that batter spreads evenly.
- Now place the cake tin to the oven which is preheated at 180 C and bake it for 30-35 mins.
- After 35 mins the cake will turn brown. Turn off the oven and take out the cake carefully. Check the cake by putting knife inside the cake.
- If the knife comes out clear and there is nothing sticking back to the knife it means the cake is well cooked.
- Leave the cake to cool down. To take out from the tin to the plate use knife to make the cake stick out from the tin.
- Place the plate on the the top of tin, turn down the plate and the cake will come out smoothly to the plate.
- Now cake is ready to serve. You can decorate the cake with fruits and dry fruits according to your choice.
Try this super easy and awesome cake recipe and do subscribe to Explore Flavours.