Honey chilli cauliflower is a famous Indo-Chinese recipe dipped in sauces and deep fried coated with batter. It is a delicious starter for any occasion and can be prepared in no time. Sesame seeds and honey on top is the most drooling part of this dish which make it perfect to go. This can be made dry or with some gravy by adding corn flour slurry to it.
Let’s Get Started:
Cauliflower florets- 2-3 cups or 1 small head
Ingredients For Florets Batter:
- 2 tbsp Maida/Plain flour
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/4 cup water
For The Sauce:
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 2 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 Spring onion
- In a mixing bowl add 2 tbsp Maida, 2 tbsp corn flour, some salt and 1/4 cup water. Mix everything well to make a smooth batter.
- Now to the bowl add clean dry cauliflower florets and mix it again to make sure cauliflower is coated well with the batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry all the florets on medium flame till there is golden brown coating on the florets.
- Once they change the color, turn off the flame and take out all the florets on a kitchen towel to take out all the access oil from them.
For The Sauce:
- Heat 2 tbsp cooking oil in a pan. Add 1 tsp chopped ginger and garlic. Saute it well.
- Add 2 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, some salt, 3 tbsp tomato ketchup, 1/2 tsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp vinegar and 2 spring onion greens chopped to the pan.
- This mixture is ready now. Add cauliflower florets to the pan and mix everything well to cover the florets with the sauces.
- Now the final step is to sprinkle 2 tsp sesame seeds and 2 tbsp honey on everything in the pan to make it delicious honey chili cauliflower.
- Put it in a plate and serve hot to your family as a starter or evening snack.
Enjoy this easy evening snack and share your experiences with Explore Flavours.