Aloo tikki is one of the most popular North Indian street style snack made by using mashed potatoes and spices served with chutneys or served as Aloo Tikki chat. It can be made in variety of ways and can be easily prepared at home by shallow fry or deep fry technique. Onion and peas can also be added to Aloo tikki dough depending upon personal taste and choice.
Let’s Get Started:
3-4 Aloo boiled and peeled.
- 1 finely chopped green chili
- 2-3 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp green peas boiled and drained (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp black sea salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon drops
- 3-4 tsp rice flour
- oil to cook
- Take a bowl and grate all the boiled potatoes to get the smooth dough for making tikki.
- Now to the grated dough add 1 chopped green chili, chopped coriander leaves, boiled and drained green peas, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp chili flakes, 1/4 tsp black sea salt and 1/2 tsp lemon drops. Mix everything together.
- Green peas should also be mashed well. Now to this dough add 3-4 tbsp Rice flour and again give it a good mix. You can also use corn flour or bread crumbs for the binding.
- Rice flour adds more crispness and the dough is very light.
- Dough is ready to make. Now grease your hand with the oil and take some dough to make a round tikki.
- Take the dough according to the big or small size you want.
- Roll it into a round ball and then flatten it to give a shape of tikki.
- Make all the dough like this and keep it aside.
- Now we will deep fry it. You can shallow fry it too.
- Take a deep pan and add oil in it to deep fry tikki.
- Keep the flame on medium low, add 2-3 tikki at a time and fry it until it turns golden brown from one side.
- When the bottom side is cooked brown then flip the side to cook it from the other side.
- When it is done, take out the tikki in a plate and make rest of the tikki the same way.
- All the tikki are ready. Serve hot with coriander chutney or Imli chutney.
Try this easy crispy street style Aloo tikki and share your views in the comment section.