Besan Cheela is a nutritious snack made in 10 minutes with vegetables and paneer. It has about 120 calories and good Indian fast food for kids breakfast. From time immemorial besan has been used as a home made face snack to remove tan and to lighten the skin. Being such a versatile item, Besan has found a permanent place in our kitchens.
Consume semolina as a source of selenium. Our body uses selenium in combination with other nutrients, including vitamin-E as an antioxidant. Getting enough of selenium in your diet also strengthens your immune system to prevent infection.
Let’s get started..
1 cup besan, 1/2 cup suji making 4 cheela
- 1 cup Besan
- 1/2 cup Suji
- 1 medium size Onion finely chopped
- 1 small Tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger (grated)
- 1 green Chilly
- 2-3 tbsp Oil to grease
- 1 tbsp Yogurt (dahi)
- 1 tbsp Ketchup (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 Red chilly or chilly flakes
- 1/2 Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Coriander leaves
- To prepare the batter, Add 1 cup Besan 1/2 cup Suji in a bowl.
- Now add a little water at a time and stir well until all lumps get dissolved to good consistency batter.
- Add yogurt in the batter to prevent it from sticking in the pan.
- Further add chopped onion, tomato, green chilly, coriander and give it a mix. Don’t make it too thick or too watery batter.
- Now add all the dry ingredients and ketchup. Mix it again.
- Heat the pan, pour some oil on it and spread it evenly.
- When tawa is hot, spread cheela all around evenly.
- Pour 2 spoon on the pan and spread it evenly and thinly with the help of spoon.
- Cheela is brown and roasted now take it off from the flame.
- Perfect to be served with green chutney or ketchup.
- Adding semolina will make it crispy.
- Yogurt will not let the cheela stick on tawa.
- ketchup is optional but gives sweet chilly taste to it. Personally I love it.
TRY TATSE ENJOY this recipe for kids and share with friends and family.