Aalu Sabzi for Poori/Potato Curry
Aalu Poori is a famous Indian breakfast item prepared easily with potatoes and puffed wheat bread. By mashing potatoes and adding some spices to it, you can make it super delicious. This is most liked Sunday brunch meal. In this post we will get to know how to make Aalu sabzi for poori. There are different ways of making Aalu sabzi but it always varies with what they are eaten.
Let’s Get Started:
3-4 Potatoes. Peel, wash and cut into dices.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Inch Ginger chopped
- 1 Green Chilli
- 2 Tomatoes
- Pinch of asefoetida
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup water
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a cooker, add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, pinch of asafoetida, 1 inch chopped ginger and chopped green chilli. Let it splutter.
- Chop 2 tomatoes into pieces, add them to the cooker and let it cook for 4-5 minutes until all the rawness is gone. If you wish to add onion, add 1 chopped onion before adding tomatoes.
- when oil starts separating from the masala, add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt to taste, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 garam masala and 3/4 cup water. Give it a mix.
- After mixing well, add diced potatoes into the cooker. Put on the lid and cook upto 5-6 whistles.
- After 5-6 whistles when the steam is released, open the lid and try mashing the potatoes with the spoon.
- Don’t crush them finely. There should be some big pieces of potatoes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with poori or prantha.
Try this Aalu with poori and subscribe to Explore Flavours for everyday recipes.